FreeStyle® Personal Storage Lockers
Police officers have no shortage of gear that they use throughout the course of a shift—and all of those items hold a secure spot by their side. When an officer isn’t in the field, it’s equally important to have a place to store uniforms, gear, radios, a change of civilian clothes, and more.
We’ve heard about various storage places for equipment—the trunk of an officer’s car, a closet in a deputy’s house—and in designing personal locker storage for law enforcement agencies, we’ve also learned that having a space to call one’s own after a shift makes a significant difference in a department’s morale. Another important thing we’ve learned? That every officer has different needs.
Speaking to all of these factors, Spacesaver’s FreeStyle® Personal Storage Lockers can be customized to fit an individual officer’s needs—offering a wide range of options to securely store equipment, weapons, uniforms, electronics, and more, including:
- Available in a range of sizes and configurations, including three standard heights, five standard widths
- Strong, durable doors, constructed from 8-gauge double wall steel with welded box construction
- Divider kit to customize your locker into compartments
- Optional electrical integration to make sure radios, phones, and other electrical equipment are always charged and ready for use
- HVAC integration to promote air circulation and quick drying of items
- Integrated peg board holes for hanging duty belts or clothing
- Durable powder-coat paint finish in numerous standard colors
- 9.5” or 13” deep hardwood butcher-block bench on bench drawer units, also available as a retractable bench for especially small locker room footprints
- 200 lb. capacity bench and external access drawers
Personal Lockers Make the Difference for Salt Lake City PD’s SWAT Team
Not wanting to build a police department building with a warehouse attached to it, the planning committee for Salt Lake City’s new public safety building knew they had to think about smart storage. We assisted them with personal storage lockers for their lockers rooms as well as SWAT team storage—creating a way to keep all of their equipment in one place and help their officers stay organized. Click here to read more about the storage systems utilized at SLC’s public safety building.